Implicit or unconsci… on Taking action against inequali… Implicit or unconsci… on Taking action against inequali… Ben Odams on The Economic History Society C… Suggested Reading on… on Breaking up and making up: ano…
- How did organisations adapt to change in the 18th and 19th century: Lessons from the Bank of England Archives…
- A Page in the Life of Elizabeth Jeake: unfeigned love among mercantile matters
- Sharing skills: baking, curating, presenting and surviving a sharknado apocalypse!
- How to speculate according to the ‘merchant principle’
- Hard working bankers helped create the tyranny of the clock
Monthly Archives: February 2016
Another courtship story from the Jeake family archive…. Richard Hartshorne and Barbara Harding were the parents of Samuel Jeake’s wife, Elizabeth. Richard was desperate to marry Barbara. And, as a couple in their middle age with no parents to interfere, their courtship … Continue reading